The massive f*cking raffle.
Because the berk who won the eBay auction failed to cough up, I've now got lots of surf related gear stacked up in my garage next to the pile of leaves and dead pigeon.
I want to get rid of it quickly before it begins to smell, in addition I also want to give lots of money to help out the The Red Cross in Japan like I promised.
I pondered for a long time in search of a solution and came up with:
A massive f*cking raffle
In fact David and Sarah thought of it. I can't bring myself to take the credit.
I remember when Greg copied my story in English class and claimed it was his idea and Mrs Mason believed him, that hurt, I don't want David and Sarah to feel the same pain. Greg and Mrs Mason are still alive, I have NOT killed them, they've just gone on holiday... or something.
Tickets were only £2.50 and you were able to buy them at rogavi. I told people they were free to buy as many as they wanted, but not to buy 8,000 as the raffle would've been over.
The raffle draw was Saturday the 30th of April at 8pm, so don't be dithering, just buy a ticket, it's cheaper than a pint (unless you go to the legion on a Wednesday).
I'm excited about this, it's like that time I met Michael Crawford, but this time I won't soil myself or try and 'hold' you.
Here's what you'll win:
- The Original, used, yet urine-free XCEL Infiniti Drylock Wetsuit 3mm (medium)
- Brand New XCEL 2011 Drylock wetsuit Infiniti Drylock Suit in a choice of 3mm,4mm, 4mm Hooded, or 5mm Hooded.
- XCEL Men's Drylock Boots (3 or 5mm)
- XCEL Men's Drylock Gloves (3 or 5mm) in any style finger.
- XCEL Drylock bag.
- NIXON Outsider Tide Watch.
- VonZipper limited addition Smokeout Elmore sunnies in Purple Erkel.
- DryRap change towel.
- A year's subscription to Carve magazine.
- 6ft Fourth Speed Fish surfboard donated by Magicseaweed.com.
- 2 X VIP Passes to any ASP Tour Event.
- Quiver Surfboard 5'10 x 17'7/8 x 2. donated by Nicole Morgan.
- Custom made Ear Plugs by surfplugs.co.uk
- DVS Rico CT Sneakers (god went surfing with the devil colab).
- DVS Jordy 2 Sandals.
- Northcore Double soft roof rack system donated by Madmonkeysurf.co.uk.
- Curve 2 in 1 Changebag donated by Thainleisure.com
- Mambo: Still Life With Franchise book.
- 2 tickets for the Leopallooza festival 30th and 31st July 2011 Bude, Cornwall.
- A moon, tide and time combination clock donated by Ashortwalk.com
- Surfing Techniques with Timmy Curran DVD donated by A1Surf.com
- The Camper Van Cookbook donated by Martin Dorey
- Two surfing lessons with Gwithian Academy of Surfing
- Photography session with Jacob Cockle
- Canvas print of one of the shots from the photography session donated by feelcreative.com
- Mermaid 43" Pintail Long Skateboard donated by saltrock.com
- A complete set of organic skincare by 100percentorganics.com
- Dakine Traction Pad donated by Shredhead.com
- A choice of fin from finshack.com
- A night out on the raz with Dan and the Bear
Please spread the word if you can, perhaps you could open your bedroom window now and lean out shouting "The Wetsuit Idiot is doing a massive f*cking raffle". Alternatively post a link to this page on facebook, twitter or your blog.
For those of you wondering, at least £1.75 of each ticket bought will go to the Red Cross. That's 70%, which isn't as good as 95% is it? Well apparently there's lots of licensing and development work to do and well my exhaust is broken, Scott reckons it will cost £450 (+VAT) to fix it.
The company doing the raffle are called Rogavi, they've done loads of this stuff before with organisations like The National Trust and Marie Curie plus they have close links with The Red Cross. A man called Richard at Rogavi told me to put lots of big links to the raffle on this page but I didn't.
Quick update, the raffle draw happened on Saturday 30th April, a chap called Russ won! The final amount raised was £9,007.50. Page re-write and site update soon!